Tuesday, June 12, 2012

~White Wednesday # 156~

I'm posting early this morning because today is both my youngest daughter, Brenna's 12th birthday and my oldest daughter, Nichole is graduating 8th Grade this evening.  It will a be a busy day full of milestones and I just don't know where the time goes.

The last couple days were so warm and sunny, I couldn't help but snap a few photos of my favorite area on my front porch.  This bench sits on the end and this area is filled to the brim with white chippy and crusty urns, birdhouses, statues and planters.  All of my plants are starting to fill in as well and I love them all mixed together.  Enjoy!  xoxo K.

My creeping charlie seems to  want to wrap around my boy and girl statues:-)

My feature for June is the lovely Cheryl over at Fresh Vanilla for C.   I will share just a sampling of her taste, but please take a moment to check out both her blog which she features different areas of her home and her Etsy store where you can find lots of vintage treasures.  I'm really liking all her touches of blue:-)


  1. So lovely!

    And enjoy your children and the birthday party today!

  2. Happy Birthday and Happy Graduation to your girls! Thanks for letting me join in on the fun!


  3. Beautiful porch you have there. I also love the touches of blue at Vanilla C. Thanks for hosting.

  4. Happy Birthday & Congratulations to your "Wee Ones"!!! Sounds like you will be "FUN BUSY"! Your post treasures are delightful and inspiring. I "LOVE" birdcages and YES they ALWAYS follow me home!
    Have a wonderful week,
    Big Hugs,

  5. OMGosh, your pictures are just beautiful. I love that sweet birdhouse and the birdcage. What a gorgeous spot.

  6. Happy Birthday to Brenna and congratulations to Nichole for reaching another milestone, wishing you all the best as you celebrate this special day. Loved all your chippy white treasures on your front porch...they look gorgeous with the greenery. Thanks for hosting!~Poppy

  7. Gorgeous as usual Kathleen!! Your home and garden is always full of such beautiful treasures and you have such a way of putting it all together perfectly!
    I love Cheryl's home and she is just the sweetest!!
    So excited to join you this week!
    Take care.

  8. oh so much beautiful colours/shades of white over here!
    I will be going over to Cheryl's blog right after away!
    I wish I could link up put I am having trouble getting my thumbnail organized!...My fault!
    Have a great day today..so much fun!

  9. Happy Birthday to your daughter and congratulations to your other daughter! You will indeed be busy...I love your snap shots of your favorite place on the porch...they are so lovely...I see why it's your favorite place...so many sweet things. I'm loving the sweet touches of blue at Fresh Vanilla for C..I love blue. wishing your day to be smooth and full of wonderful memories....with love Janice

  10. Your post is so lovely! Thanks for hosting!

  11. Beautiful feature. I really like her style and will head over there next!
    Thank you for hosting once again.

  12. Kathleen,
    This is one of my very favorite parties! As usual your whites are gorgeous.
    Going to check out Cheryl's blog now....
    Congrats to your girls!

  13. Thank you so...... much Kathleen for featuring my blog!!!!I am honored:)
    Have a wonderful day with the graduation and birthday celebrations. Sounds perfect;)

  14. Oh my, birthdays and graduations celebrations. Best to all, and to your wonderful day. Love the snaps of your front porch. Love the little statues. Lovely featured guest snaps, I enjoyed the tour.
    Thank you for hosting.

    The French Hutch

  15. Love your style! Just found your blog! I am your newest "linky" follower!

  16. Great faded images, Kathleen. Thanks for hosting.

  17. I love your front porch Kathleen! The creeping charlie and cherubs are adorable. Enjoy the celebrations with your daughters and thanks so much for WW each week!

  18. Your PORCH looks like a FaB Spot to enjoy your morning Coffee!*!*! I love looking at crusty... rusty... chippy... & whites!*!*!
    Enjoy your family time today...
    Jeanine Burkhardt

  19. Hi KATHLEEN . . . Looks like the PERFECT RETREAT to sip a tall glass of sweet tea ! Happy WW !! TAKE CARE, JOE & GLENN

  20. Kathleen, your porch is just dripping with charm and you have given me a fabulous idea for my own outside area. Thank you sooooo much and thank soooooo much for your wonderful party. xo

  21. Your garden is so pretty and I love your featured home - thanks so much for hosting.

  22. Hi Kathleen,
    I just love all your chippy, rusty , shabby urns and statues! I have never visited Cheryls blog either...hopefully one of these days. It looks so nice.

  23. Congratulations to the Birthday girl Brenna..
    Happy 12th Birthday!
    and to Nichole the 8th grade graduate!
    what a proud mom you must be!
    thanks for taking time in your very busy day to host this wonderful Meme!

  24. Congrats on a birthday and graduation! Time flies!

  25. Love all the chippy items on your porch, like the posts in the birdcage. Thanks for hosting, Laura

  26. I hope you had a wonderful day with your kids. The time passes so, so quickly! As always, I love your pictures. It's been a crazy busy week for me as well. Filling in at the store and working extra is the last thing I needed!!

    Take care,

  27. Enjoy Your Day!Special Memories~Cheers & Blessings Kim

  28. What a great post Kathleen! I love it all, but especially that rusty planter by the cherub...ooh la la! And I agree...Fresh Vanilla for C is a gorgeous blog and I'm a happy follower.
    Happy WW!
    Blessings & hugs,

  29. Thank you for hosting! Little Bit

  30. Thank you for hosting Kathleen.
    Is there no end to your beautiful whites???
    so enjoy Wednesdays here.

    barbara jean

  31. Such milestones can be bittersweet, can't they, Kathleen? We love seeing the achievements and advances of our children but are saddened that the time passes so quickly when they are young.

    Be sure to stop by and enter my latest "french-inspired" giveaway.

    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

  32. Congratulations ~ what a special day for your family! Your porch is looking beautiful!
    Great feature on Cheryl...she is so talented!

  33. I appreciate the party, thanks for hosting!

  34. what lovely pictures. I would feel very happy on your porch. I love the creeping Charlie, looks like a miniture version of Swedish ivy.

  35. Happy belated birthday to your daughter! Congratulations to the graduate! I hope your celebrating was full of happy moments.

    Beautiful garden views!

    Going to visit the featured link now. Those ARE pretty blues...:)


  36. Hello,
    This is my first time posting and I wanted to thank you for hosting White Wednesday.
    Take care.


  37. Such a beautiful porch, I just love it, as it's very Mediterranium decorated. Thank you for hosting and having my black and WHITE FD's Table.

  38. Thanks for the party Kathleen! Your garden vignettes are beautiful, so peaceful. i will have to go check out Cheryl's blog, it looks wonderful. t.xoxox

  39. Your porch, house everything is just lovely. Enjoy and thanks for hosting the party. Kathy

  40. Congrats and birthday wishes to your girls. Have a fun day!!!!

  41. Happy birthday to you girls!
    Have a nice weekend